Jeffrey has been called to serve in the Baton Rouge Louisiana Mission. We are so excited for him to serve the people of Louisiana. He entered the MTC on September 4th 2013, we are proud of him and his decision to serve. We love you Elder Smith!!!
Thursday, March 26, 2015
It has been a really crazy week here in Downtown New Orleans. Since me and my companion were both transferred in at the same time we have to learn this together. My companion is from Arizona and he is really awesome. So far I have really liked it here. It is just very different from Slaughter. The architecture here is amazing and it's just really cozy. It feels a lot smaller than it really is. We try to stay away from the big city just because people are so grumpy there, but outside, where people actually live, it is a whole lot better. One cool thing that happened was we were just walking home last Saturday night and a lady asked us what school we were from since we were all dressed up. We started talking to her about the church and she said she was interested and wanted to come to church with us this coming Sunday. She then went into her home and brought us a bunch of crawfish. My companion had never had any so he was pretty excited. (He has been out for a little over 3 months, this is his 3rd transfer). Our area covers the East part of New Orleans from the river to the lake. We have all the major New Orleans sites in our area like the superdome, WW2 museum, the French Quarter, and just downtown New Orleans of course. We live with two other missionaries who have a truck so that helps us to get groceries and stuff like that. My companion and I already get along really well and I kind of hope that I can finish up my mission here. I kind of have a feeling that its going to be two transfers here and then the last one and a half somewhere else. I have heard from other missionaries that we are probably going to be sent home on the 20th or 14 th of August, just so you know. Ill find out for sure from President soon which one its going to be. I guess what we have been doing recently is just tracting all day long. Its quite the change from in Slaughter. Well Thanks for everything and tell Jamie I love her and am happy for them!
Love Jeff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment