Saturday, February 1, 2014

Sacred Responsibility

Dear Family,
This week hasn't really been all that eventful. We were shut in because of the weather on Saturday and the rest of the week we did mostly service work. One of the investigators that we have been teaching has been very hesitant to read the Book of Mormon because he had just recently became a very devout Catholic. He did accept to read it on condition that he can share with us things from the Catholic Bible/catechism We also invited him to church but he did not make it on Sunday:-(  Next week we should be able to remind him and hopefully he gets a friend to come with him. Also the part member family we have been working with will be coming home from Florida so we have an appointment with them on Wednesday if everything works out. We have a winter storm coming tomorrow so that should be pretty interesting. Nobody down here knows how to drive in snow or ice which means that the whole city will be shut down tomorrow if it gets bad. This week, I have recognized more to rely on the Spirit in all aspects of what I do, especially when giving blessings. On Sunday a lady, who is struggling with quite a few things, had been waiting to meet with the Bishop when she asked Elder Porter and I to give her a blessing. We didn't know a single thing about this woman but as we laid our hands on her head and I started to speak. I knew that it wasn't me giving the blessing. It is very comforting to know that even though we are ordinary people that we can be blessed by Priesthood power. I know that it is real and that it is used to bless others lives. It is a very sacred responsibility and I hope to keep myself worthy to use it the best I can. I'm grateful for everyone that has helped me get to this point especially my parents and family. Thanks for the support and I love and miss you all!
Love Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment