Monday, February 10, 2014

Grateful to have 5%

Dear Family,
Well, I have very little to say this week. We had a rainy day earlier this week and did a lot of service so there wasn't much time to visit many people. One thing that happened was a pretty awesome front flip. I was riding along daydreaming when I looked down and realized I was a foot away from a curb. I tried to turn out of the way but ended up hitting it full on and then doing a pretty sweet flip right over the curb and onto the pavement. It really was quite the crash and I was pretty disappointed that my only battle wound was a hardly skinned knee. I was hoping for something a little more drastic to prove that my crash was pretty wild. Oh well. It was pretty funny and reminded me I still have a lot I need to do to improve my bike riding skills. We also had a lesson with a young man, who is Catholic, who told us he is 95% sure the Book of Mormon isn't true, so I at least am grateful to have 5% to work with because just that particle of Faith will erase the 95% of doubt he has. As soon as he gains a knowledge of the Book or Mormon and knows that it is from God then all other concerns are automatically resolved. This is because when we know the Book or Mormon is true, then we know Joseph Smith was a prophet, and that he has indeed restored the true church of Christ on Earth today. Therefore, whatever concern there is with church history or laws really boil down to whether the Book of Mormon is from God. Im glad that I know the Book of Mormon really is a record of ancient people here in America and that becuase of Joseph Smith all the ordinances and powers necessary for the salvation of all people are trully present on earth. I love and miss you all and wish I could send you some warm weather ... I'm pretty sure you all keep sending the cold down here to New Orleans.
Love Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment