Monday, February 24, 2014

Hey Everybody,
So, this week was pretty fast, but we really didn't do anything all that different. One thing that was disappointing was that Joshua the young catholic guy we have been visiting for a while dropped us. We weren't able to go to Mass with him because he went back to Mississippi for the weekend, but said we could go with him next week. Since we will have this last time to talk to him we are hoping that we might be able to change his mind, but if not that's his choice and we've done all we can. This coming Tuesday is Mardi Gras, but these past week and following week are all full of parades and parties to celebrate. Next tuesday is going to be a prep day and President Wall gave us permission to go to a parade so thats what we will be doing day tuesday. I have been asking people we meet what all there is to know about Mardi Gras so now I kind of understand it more. We couldn't see a single investigator this week and spent our time visiting less actives. So, we have been trying really hard to help these people recognize that the atonement can help everyone and that they can feel the peace they once knew if they start to follow the commandments and come back to church. It seems counterintuituve that being more active in church brings peace to some people because it seems like just a load of extra pressure and responsibility. The most important thing I know about this is that God can only bless us depending on our obedience. So, all the rules and laws that we learn about in church leads to greater avenues for us to be blessed. And each blessing is dependent on the law that it is predicated to. I hope that we can find some new people to teach and that most importnantly we can help at least one person come closer to Christ. Just an FYI this following Tuesday will be my prep day and that the libraries will be closed for Mardi Gras Transfers will be Wednesday so if we don't get to go to the church Tuesday night to email you might not hear from me for two weeks I hope that all makes sense. So, don't think I forgot about emailing, it just means I wasn't able to. Hope everything goes well. I love and miss you all.
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment