Monday, August 25, 2014

Teaching in Slaughter

My new area is called Slaughter and It covers about 900 square miles. It's about as country as it gets. There are the same amount of dirt roads as there are paved roads. It is pretty awesome being able to drive down these narrow roads and be literally surrounded by huge trees. It's a much better environment than the city. The members that I met are all super nice. The branch here gets about 50 to show up each Sunday and they pretty much are all related. The area is pretty fun and is going to be a lot different than Kenner. The ward here really wants us to help them reactivate less actives because they feel like they can't support new converts. The people here are also a lot more "local" than the members in Kenner. They all have the slow southern drawl and it is just fun. Things are really quite a bit different, but it's going to be fun! The apartment we are living in is definitely the nicest that I have seen so far. It is a little part of a members house that they are renting to the missionaries. Well that's pretty much all that has happened so far. Next week I'll be able to explain more about where I am and what I'm doing, because right now I'm still trying to get this area figured out.

Love Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment