Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Last Day in Kenner

Dear Family,
   Well the big news for the week is that I'm finally getting transfered out of Kenner. Im pretty excited but also pretty nervous. Its going to be a big change. My companion is also getting tranfered out of Kenner so Im hoping that the two new missionaries that will be taking over will be able to stay in touch with all of the people I have seen over the past year here. Other than that it was a pretty good week. We had set a baptismal date with one of our investigators and that really all the big news for the week. We didnt get to do any exciting service. We didn't have any crazy weather. And really all that I can think about is the fact that Im leaving. haha I never thought that it would happen. It is pretty weird. Hopefully I can let yall know what and where Im going to be soon. Im praying for somewhere a little more green instead of gray! I love ya'll and keep you in my prayers!

Love Elder Smith
A few weeks ago an investigator randomly showed up to church that I havent been able to see for about 9 months. The missionaries first met him about 3 years ago. As soon as I saw him at church I went over to him and asked if we could come by and see him in the next couple of days. Well he was expecting it and so we got an appointment set. We get to our appointment and said a prayer and then after seeing how he is doing he asks "when can I get baptized?" and then laughed and said, "beat you to the punch didn't I?" haha it was pretty funny. He said that when the missionaries first met him we was smoking and just had some things in his life he had to change first. His Aunt passed away a few months ago which motivated him to quit smoking and get things figured out. So now those few months later he has quit smoking and is much more prepared to be baptized. I was pretty excited because he was one of the very first investigators I met on my mission and seeing him a year later preparing for baptism is pretty neat. So the new missionaries that come here better make sure they stay on top of things :)




The spelling and grammer is pretty atrocious sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment