Monday, August 11, 2014

Hey Family,
You asked about my interview with President Hansen. It was a pretty short interview and he mostly just asked me about how Elder Mills is doing and what we have done to see success and where we could improve. He didn't really give me any hints for transfers, so I don't really know what is going to happen. Transfers, are next week, so I'll let you know when I find out. Things in Kenner were pretty good this week. Last Sunday we had a random investigator show up to church and were able to see him this past week. He came to church again yesterday so things are looking pretty good. We also had a part member family come and one of the investigators we had been teaching a lot this week. 
Those pictures from the reunion looked hilarious! I had completely forgotten that the reunion was this week until I checked my email. Umm lets see what is something interesting about the week. On Saturday we went to a non denominational church with one of our investigators. It was a pretty different type of service. It started out with a little rock concert of about 5 songs and then a preacher got up in the middle of the crowd and talked about the "church family" It definitely made me appreciate how much more spiritually uplifting our Sacrament meetings are. He was the one who came to church on Sunday and I gave a talk so hopefully he feels like he can come back again and that he enjoyed it. Lets see what else happened . . I got to see Elder Porter again this week. He has had a car this past transfer and has really been loving it. He think I'm going to be leaving Kenner as well but I have sort of felt that way for these past few transfers, so I really have no idea!  whatever happens will be alright. We are getting quite a few new missionaries so I might end up training again.  If I were to train I would want to stay in Kenner because I dont want to jump into a new area and try to train. Ill let you know though!
Love Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment