Thursday, November 14, 2013

Trying our best to be good examples.

Dear Family,
Lets see where to begin! Well first off I just want to say a little bit about my companion.Well my companion and I are like best friends. We get a lot of looks from the other missionaries like we are crazy and we just have a good time joking around with each other.  We went bowling on Monday and I surprisingly didn't do too bad. That night we had good visit with a less active who told us of a missionary moment she had, which was really neat. She said that she was talking to one of her sons friends and shared her testimony and just let him know about the church. We didn't get to meet him but we are excited to hear back from her about him.
The rest of the week went by as normal, visiting most of the regular people and trying to get them to come back to church. We had some good lessons with members and did some service for another member. We are working hard and trying to help the ward get back to where it needs to be with active members. I hope we can help them feel comfortable and have that desire to come back to church.
Today we had a really good district meeting and it is just really good to be able to feel the spirit and share what we have learned. Overall it has been a great week and since its pretty late the email is going to have to be pretty short. I saw two alligators in the canal as we were driving to the church and it was kind of funny because the rest of the Elders who have been out for quite a while haven't seen one and I have already seen two. I love being here and am glad to serve the people in Kenner. We are trying our best to be good examples and to give hope to people.
Love Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment