Monday, November 25, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Dear Family,
Well I hope everyone has some good plans for Thanksgiving! I know that it's definitely going to be the highlight of my week. Hmm, to be honest our weeks go by much the same every week. We teach roughly the same people and see a little progress every week. So, instead of an account of my week, it's going to be more things I have felt or learned this week. One thing that stuck out this week was just yesterday. We have about six people that are investigators and we only get to see about one each week. So we went by one of our investigators house (and he had the greatest potential) He answered the door and told us that we can't come by anymore. His attitude has changed 180 degrees and it was just tough to see that he had been led a stray by someone or something. There are a lot of ministers of different churches that will tell their congregation anti Mormon things and it's just something we have to deal with down here. I have been thinking quite a bit about the things that I am grateful for, as have, I'm sure, most of you. From reading talks and just day to day experiences I have been struck by how grateful I am for my Savior. The church makes bible videos of Christ's ministry and they are very well done. I would suggest that you watch a few of them and just think about how they make you feel.
I really don't know what to talk about because this week hasn't been very exciting. It has been super cold and most of the ward is leaving for the Holiday. I think its going to be a tough week to see members but I'm hoping that a lot of the less actives will have all of their families at home so that we can see them and strengthen their families.
Well, I guess that is going to be it, this week, sorry I don't have much to say.  Next week, I will write some things down that I can talk about. We are going to see how cold we get this week and see if we are going to break down and buy jackets. Thanks for everything you all do and remember that I love and miss you. It is going to be really hard not to be home for thanksgiving dinner! Make sure you all eat plenty of Turkey and just enjoy the little things this weekend. I'm doing good here and have nothing to complain about.
Love Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment