Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Trip to the Temple

Dear Family,
Well I guess I should tell you a little bit about my past week. So,Tuesday we did our regular prep day things except we had a lesson with Anthony and that evening he came to the Family History Center to do some family history work. We ended up being there until 9:15, talking about different things and when we realized the time, Anthony asked us if we could use a ride home. We had ridden our bikes to the church and Anthony drives a little Scion. So, we disassembled our bikes and tried to stuff them in his car as best we could. We ended up driving back to our apartment with his trunk open and I was just praying the whole time that my bike didn't fly out! We made it safely home, and so, did our bikes. Wednesday, I don't really remember, I think we just saw some less actives and tried contacting a few referrals. Thursday we planned for the coming week and then went about doing our regular schedule. Friday ended up being a hectic day. We were planning on going to the temple with the ward since it was a scheduled day and the members that we were going with to Baton Rouge ended up showing up just a few minutes late. We arrived at the temple at exactly 7:00 PM and the session had already started, so we helped the youth doing baptisms. Since the temple is so small and everything has to be done by appointment they don't have temple workers doing baptism work. We did the confirmations and were witnesses at the baptismal font. It was really nice to be able to help in that capacity in the temple and I really hope that I can do it again. Saturday we had service planned at a member in Metairie and we had invited Anthony to help. He gave us a ride and when we got there he ended up knowing how we should go about cleaning up the yard, so we were pretty grateful that we brought him along. About halfway through one of the sister missionaries got an allergic reaction to one of the plants so we rode all the way across the city to Harahan to get some medicine. It was a pretty crazy drive especially since we hard four Elders and an 18 year old investigator in one car. I won't go into the details but mostly I'm just glad that we made it back to the service in one piece (The roads and drivers in Louisiana are the worst in the nation) After the service we went to see a less active, then had a dinner appointment with some members. Sunday went well and the coolest part was one of the primary classes had us come in and share our testimonies and sing some songs wit them like, I Hope They Call Me On a Mission and Army of Helaman. The class was 3 four year old boys, so it was just so much fun and reminded me of my awesome nephews!
Love Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment