Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A very good week


This has definitely been a very good week. Starting on Monday we had a really good discussion with a less active member about his mission and just funny things that happened to him. I was grateful that nothing so crazy has happened to me yet.
Tuesday we had dinner with a new member that moved to the area for nine months before his family is coming and has just really been very kind to us missionaries. He has invited to feed us every week and wants to come out with us one day a week to go teaching. Afterward we went to ward splits night but only two members showed up so each companionship took one member. We werent able to visit any of our investigators but did have some time to fellowship this member. Later that night we went out walking to do some tracting and while in a neighborhood a cop pulled over and told us people would probably call the cops on us and pretty much told us to get out of the neighborhood. While leaving we stopped by a house with a couple sitting outside and talked to them a little about the restoration and she said she used to be a JW but that she really wanted to come to church and learn more.
Wednesday was pretty busy meeting with a few member and less actives then going to dinner with a member to IHOP it was pretty good!
Thursday we had dinner with our usual LessActive and this time her son (who is 60) sctually seemed interested so now we will focus on him.
Friday we had exchanges so I went out with Elder Provost and the first thing he said was that every transfer he sees a miracle. We headed out after studies and were going to the farthest area which is where I had my flat tire the first time. So of course as soon as we get as far as possible I get a flat. We walk to a Walmart that is close to get a pump. When we first get to walmart an employee who had just taken his break began talking to us and so we bore our testimonies and he said that he wants to learn more and used to have God in his life and recently been looking again. He wanted to meet with us again but wasnt in our area and then sent his referral to that area. We talked to him for a good 80 minutes and just really had a good time. I knew that we had been sent there at that time and place in order to talk to him and teach him.
Saturday was a very rainy day and we were working outside all morning. we were building the shed and were working on the roof so that was interesting.
Sunday was good of course and it seemed like we were at the church all day.
Today we are going to hang out at the apartment and clean because inspections are tomorrow.
The greatest thing I have learned so far in my mission is the importance of daily scripture study. As a missionary we take one hour each morning to study the scriptures and Preach my Gospel. In this time I find insights into questions I had been praying for and what I need to share with those that we meet. Because of this I have realized how grateful I am for the blessings of the scriptures. I have been blessed with the knowledge of the Gospel and the light it brings into my life. I know that God loves each one of us no matter what and that his church has been restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith.
Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment